Sukkur Electric Power Company is one of the most prominent electricity supply companies in Pakistan which came into being after the division of HESCO on July 26th, 2010. The company not only ensures safe and affordable distribution of power across the Sukkur region but is also committed to offering an uninterrupted supply to its consumers.
SEPCO mainly covers three operational circles; Sukkur, Dadu, and Ladkana. So if you live in one of these three regions and have not received your monthly electricity bill yet, this article is for you!
Here, we are going to discuss all the INS and outs of SEPCO online bill check service; the procedure, requirements, contents of SEPCO duplicate bill, etc. In addition to this, we’ll also discuss some safe and quick ways to pay your SEPCO bill online so you won’t have to stand in long queues, wasting a precious working day just to clear your utility dues. Let’s dive in!
What is the SEPCO duplicate bill?
A duplicate Bill is an exact web-generated copy of your original electricity bill. This copy proves quite useful whenever someone doesn’t receive his electricity bill on time, damages, or misplaced the bill and needs one for payment purposes or future reference.
Your SEPCO duplicate bill contains all the details that are mentioned on the original bill such as unit consumption in a month, transaction history, previous billing status, due date, payable amount within and after the due date, etc.
In the past, people needed to visit land-based customer service centers to retrieve their duplicate bills which caused them a lot of time and hassle. However, today, there’s no need to go anywhere to get your SEPCO online bill as you can view, download, and print one from the comfort of your home, for free of cost.
This service of SEPCO bill check is available for all types of consumers; residential, industrial, and commercial, and can be used from any part of the world. All you need to have is the following essentials;
Requirements to check SEPCO online bill
First of all, you need to get a stable internet connection and a supporting smart device that you can use to access the internet. The device could be of any type; mobile, desktop, laptop, etc.
Once you collect these essentials, you need to get one of your old SEPCO electricity bills to find information about your customer ID and reference number. The reference number is mainly a 14-digit numeral code that is assigned uniquely to each consumer by the corresponding electricity supply company.
This code allows the company to locate consumer accounts and is usually mentioned at the top left corner of the electricity bill, right below the TARIFF. On the other hand, customer ID is a 10-digit code that is used to identify individual customers. It’s also mentioned on the electricity bill, right next to the reference number, and is unique for every consumer.
If, for any reason, you are unable to find these two entities on your bill, you may consider visiting a nearby SEPCO customer service center and ask the representative staff there to assist you. Remember that without one of these two entities, you won’t be able to check your duplicate bill online as any other piece of information like meter number, CNIC, connection details, etc. is of no use in this regard.
How to check your SEPCO bill online?
The procedure of checking your SEPCO bill online is quite straightforward as you only need to follow some simple steps as given below;
- Visit the official SEPCO website and navigate to the duplicate bill section.
- As soon as you click the option of the duplicate bill, a new webpage will open on the screen with two choices of viewing duplicate bills either by reference number or customer ID.
- Select any option as per the type of information you have and enter the corresponding code in the designated field
- Once typed, click the submit or check bill button. Wait for a few seconds until the system processes your information and displays your duplicate bill on screen.
Sometimes, only the basic details like the payable amount and due date are displayed on clicking the check bill button. To view the complete bill, an option to view the full bill is provided next to these details. Click it to generate a complete copy of your SEPCO online bill.
To download this duplicate bill, press the download or save as a pdf button. If you want to print the bill out, press Ctrl+P or click the print button. However, before doing so, don’t forget to set the page size and orientation.
How to pay the SEPCO bill online?
There are mainly two means which can be used to pay your SEPCO bill online including mobile wallets and internet banking. Mobile wallets include money transfer apps like JazzCash and EasyPaisa whereas internet banking comprises both the online and application-based forums of banks.
To pay your bills through JazzCash or EasyPaisa, you need to;
- Download the corresponding app on your mobile from the Google Play Store and log in to your user account by providing your credentials; username and password.
- Navigate to the bill section and select utility as your bill type.
- Choose SEPCO as your electricity supply company and enter your 14-digit reference number in the designated field.
- Double-check your billing details and confirm the payment by entering your MPIN.
Once your payment is cleared, the app will generate an e-receipt which you better save for future reference. Likewise, the process of paying your SEPCO bill via Internet banking is as follows;
- Download the corresponding banking app or visit the official website of the bank
- Log in to your account and navigate to the Pay Bills section
- Choose utility as your bill type and SEPCO as your electricity distribution company
- Enter your reference number in the designated field to view your bill and complete the payment process by OTP verification.