Good news for all the Karachiites! KE has officially announced to offer the service of the K electric online bill check with which users will be able to access, download, and print their KE duplicate bills for free, from anywhere, anytime. Wondering what is a duplicate bill? Well, it’s an exact online copy of your original electricity bill that can be used for payment purposes and future reference.
The duplicate bill features all the details about the billing amount, due date, unit consumed, transaction history, remaining balance, and billing status. In this way, it acts as a lifesaver for anyone who has either misplaced his KE bill or damaged it accidentally.
How to check the KE bill online? What are the details required to retrieve a KE duplicate bill online? How can you pay your KE bill online? To know the answers to these and many other similar questions, keep reading the article.
How to check the KE bill online?
To check your KE bill online, you need to have information about one of the two things; your reference number or your consumer ID. The reference number is a unique code that is assigned to every KE consumer individually to locate his KE account. This code contains 14 digits and one alphabetical letter. It’s usually mentioned in the top left corner of your electricity bill.
On the other hand, consumer ID is a 10-digit code (without any alphabet character) and is also assigned by KE to every consumer uniquely. This consumer ID is used to recognize each consumer individually and it’s also mentioned on the KE bill, right to the reference number. Thus to locate these two entities, you just need to get an old KE bill.
However, if you don’t have an old bill or can’t find a reference number and consumer ID in the sea of other details, just visit the nearest KE customer service center and let the representative staff help you out. Once you are sure about your reference number or consumer ID, follow the given simple steps to check your KE online bill;
- Visit the official KE website and navigate to the check online bill section.
- Enter your reference number in the designated field. To check the bill by consumer ID, click the check by consumer ID button and enter the 10-digit code in the designated field.
- Once entered, click the check bill button. Within a few seconds, the system will process your request and display your billing amount and due date on the screen.
- To view the complete bill, click the view full bill button.
You can also download this full online bill to your system storage. For this purpose, you simply need to click the drop-down icon or press the save as a pdf button. Similarly, to print the duplicate bill, press the print button or hit Ctrl+P.
KE SMS service
KE has also launched its special SMS service with which consumers can receive updates and reminders about the billing details on their mobile phones. On getting registered for this SMS service, a KE customer can stay all time updated about the following queries;
- Load shedding schedule
- Billing inquiries
- Planned or emergency power outages
- Technical problems
To register yourself for the KE SMS service, you simply need to text “REG [Space] Your 14-digit account number” and send it to 8119. Within a few seconds, you’ll receive a confirmation message from the company, ensuring you about your successful registration for the KE SMS service.
Once registered, you can send a text to the same code stating your query and you’ll receive an answer shortly. For example, for billing inquiries, send a text to 8119 in the form; “BILL [space] Your 14-digit account number”. Likewise, to check the load shedding schedule, send a text to 8119 in the format; “LS [space] Your 13-digit account number”.
KE Whatsapp service
Now, you can also get updates and information about your KE bill through WhatsApp. With the amazing services of Whatsapp customer touchpoint, you can stay 24/7 connected to KE to learn about the following things;
- Retrieve your duplicate KE bill
- Get information about applying for a new K-Electric connection
- Your power status
- Your income tax certificate
- To file billing or technical complaint
How to pay the KE bill online?
Thanks to today’s digital era which has made it super convenient, time-saving, and secure to pay your KE bill online. To do so, you just need to follow some simple steps as given;
- Visit the official KE website by clicking the link; www.ke.com.pk
- Register your account as a new user. However, if you are already registered on the website, log in to your account using your credentials.
- Once logged in, enter your reference number or consumer ID in the designated field.
- Navigate to the current bill section to view past and current bills.
- Choose the preferred payment method such as mobile wallet, internet banking, debit/credit card, etc.
- Double-check your bill details and confirm the payment.
- Once the payment is made successfully, you’ll receive a confirmation email or message from the company.
Besides paying your KE bills online through the official KE website, you can also pay them through mobile apps like EasyPaisa or JazzCash. The method for doing so is as follows;
- Download the app from the Google Play Store to your device
- Create a user account if you are new to the app. If you are already a user, log in to your account using your credentials.
- Attach your reference number or consumer ID to your profile.
- Navigate to your utility bills and choose your preferred payment method.
- Confirm your payment after checking all the details twice. Shortly, you’ll get a confirmation message from the app. Save it for future reference.
Karachi Electric Supply Company or KESC/KE started its journey in 1913 as a publicly listed company in Pakistan. Later in 2005, the company was privatized and began providing electricity within a huge territory of around 6500 km, comprising Karachi and its surrounding areas.
The company ensures a safe and efficient supply of electricity to homes, industries, and businesses across the largest city of Pakistan. Its sole aim is to ensure the safe generation, distribution, and supply of electricity. KE is also now showing interest in investing in greener, renewable, and more sustainable energy solutions so each of its consumers can get easy access to affordable and reliable electricity.
- Can I check my KE bill online using CNIC, user name, or Meter number?
No! As a KE consumer, you must get your reference number or consumer ID to check your KE bill online. Without these entities, it’s impossible to retrieve your K Electric Duplicate Bill.
- What is the WhatsApp number for Ke Electric?
The WhatsApp number to connect with KE is 0348-0000118.
- What happens if I miss the due date for my Karachi Electricity bill?
If you don’t pay your billing amount within the due date, the late payment surcharges will be added to your total payable amount which is equivalent to the 10% of your billed amount.
- How to unsubscribe from K-Electric SMS Service?
To unsubscribe from K-Electric SMS service, send a message to 8119 in the format; UNREG (space) [your 13-digit account number].